Lexilu Photos Wedding Day Photography Contract for Services
Lexilu Photos (LP)
Lapeer, Michigan 48446
Prepared exclusively for
Makenzie Betham and Derek Jollands
Wedding Photography Collection includes the following;
October 13, 2018 Lowell Michigan at the Fallasburg ParkCeremony & Reception
Engagement session with digital files and print release, scheduled for October 28, 2017 at Zemmer Park, Columbiaville, Michigan 48421
Full day coverage including getting ready, ceremony, formals of bride and groom, bridal party and family, reception main events such as cake cutting, details, toasts, special dances and up to at least one hour of dancing following the main events at the reception. We are also happy to include sunset photos!
Online gallery with edited digital files & print release
- All time for initial post processing, editing, archiving, color-correcting, etc of selected images.
- Digital Package as outlined below:
- Photo Collections my be viewed, downloaded, shared online from your gallery by anyone with access to your photo collection. Your photo collection will come with a lifetime print release. If you prefer Lexilu Photos can provide you with a disc or usb of the image collection for an additional $25.oo per collection.
- Downloaded photos: You will have access to download all of the images in your photo collection. You may create your own prints, share the images online via social media sites, or make your own prints from the printing company of your choice. (please be sure to read our policy for sharing your images online) We encourage our clients to download their full collection to archive and save at home. If you prefer Lexilu Photos can provide you with a disc or usb of the image collection for an additional $25.oo per device.
- We will provide you with links to professional photo processing labs to ensure you get the highest quality prints at affordable prices. We also have access to pro only labs and are happy to provide you access to the best via our association with the labs. If you are making your own prints, please keep in mind that Lexilu Photos is not responsible for the poor image quality resulting in using inferior fast printers like Walmart, Costco, Snapfish etc... Our professional labs match printing profiles to ensure your photos look their best and last a lifetime.
- Rain Day Insurance: By booking your wedding with us, we insure your day with what we call“Rain day Insurance.” Rain Day Insurance is executed when photos are unable to be taken on the day of the wedding at the photographer’s discretion only. A short After Session will be offered at no additional cost to the bride and groom scheduled within 1 year of the wedding day.
Wedding Contract for Photography
Wedding Date; October 13, 2018
Ceremony : Lowell, Michigan
Reception: Lowell, Michigan
Engagement Session Date: October 28, 2017
Zemmer Park, Columbiaville, Michigan
Client agrees to the following: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Exclusive Photographer. Lexilu Photos (LP) shall be the exclusive photographer(s) retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the event. Family and friends of the Client shall be permitted to photograph as long as they do not interfere with Photographer’s duties and do not photograph poses arranged by Photographer. Videographers are not permitted to use still cameras to avoid unwanted association and/or confusion with LP. No unauthorized professional photography is allowed on the wedding date. LP shall be the exclusive photographer retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the wedding. It is asked that family and friends do not interfere (standing in front of or behind the photographer) with LP duties and do not photograph poses arranged by LP
2. Deposit and Payments.
Choice of Vintage Pearls Package. $2700 with Session Fee/Reservation$300 (paid on October 10, 2017) and 11 monthly payments of $218.18 until paid in full.
3. Cancellation. If the Client should cancel this Agreement, written or verbal, or via email consult, any monies already paid will be forfeited to LP in lieu of liquidated damages for LP declining other work.
4. Copyright and Reproductions. The signing of this contract by the Client constitutes a commercial model release by the Clients to LP.
LP shall own the copyright for all images created and shall have the right to make reproductions or modifications. Examples of use include LP’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, advertisements, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, or for display within or on the outside of LP’s studio. Client gives LP, its assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs the irrevocable right to use Client’s name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and media and in all manners, including composite or distorted representations, for advertising, trade, or any other lawful purposes, and Client waives any right to inspect or approve the finished version(s), including written copy that may be created and appear in connection therewith.
The entire copyright in the photographs is retained by the photographer at all times throughout the world. Where digital image ﬁles of photographs has been provided to the bride and groom as part of their wedding collection, these photographs may be printed, and displayed online, for personal but not commercial use.
The photographer retains the right in all cases to use the photographs in any manner at any time and in any part of the world for the purposes of advertising or otherwise promoting his work.
Copyright: All photographs taken Lexilu Photos are her property, will remain her property and are protected by United States Copyright Laws (USC Title 17). Client hereby waives any claims for ownership, income, editorial control and use of the images. Violators of this federal law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
5. Client’s Usage. If the client has elected to purchase, or if their wedding collection includes, the “digital negatives” of the images LP agrees to release the original, high-resolution files to the Client in an online gallery, or for a small fee a USB with the understanding that the Client has a non-exclusive license to make prints or digital copies for personal or family use, but will not sell such prints or images, or use them for any commercial purpose.
Client agrees not to edit the images, only to print them. LP authorizes Client to use images for announcements in publications; Client shall request that the publication run a credit as “Photo by: “Lexiluphotos.com” near the photograph, but shall have no liability if the publication fails to do so. Lexilu will provide the Client with a print release. Reproduction: Client agrees to purchase prints directly from Photographer unless in possession of high resolution digital ﬁles and Copyright Release distributed by photographer. Client agrees not to scan copy or reproduce images in any manner without written permission. Should Photographer become aware of reproduction without permission, Client will remit a usage fee of $300 per image, per usage to Photographer. If high resolution digital ﬁles are purchased, a written release will be supplied with those ﬁles. The release grants Client the right to reproduce the images provided for their personal use only and does not allow the photos to be altered, sold or published. Client further agrees not to supply images to any third parties.
6. Image Storage. LP will archive the Client’s images for 1 year from the wedding date. Client acknowledges that LP is not liable after that time. Images will remain online for 10 years. Should Client elect to purchase the high resolution USB, LP recommends that the Client duplicate and keep several copies in safe places.
7. Failure to Perform. If Lexilu or its assistants, cannot perform this agreement due to fire, casualty, strike, or to civil disturbances, Acts of God, including but not limited to, road closures, severe traffic, fire, terrorism or other causes beyond the control of the parties, or due to the photographers illness, then Lexilu shall return any monies paid by the CLIENT, less expenses paid in advance and deposit, but shall have no further liability with respect to the agreement. This limit of liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, compact flash card malfunction, lost in the mail, or other wise lost or damaged without the fault on the part of Lexilu. In the unlikely event that the photographer is injured or becomes too ill, or has an emergency that prevents him from photographing the event, Lexilu will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event less expenses paid in advance, and deposit. Lexilu takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, handling, and processing the photographs. However, in the unlikely event that photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Lexilu 's control, Lexilu' s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package less expenses paid in advance, for any sessions with images provided, (engagement session) and deposit. In the event LP fails to perform for any other reason, LP shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order. LP will give 150% but client understands the unpredictable and non-posed nature of photojournalism and waives any right to any civil action due to missed or lost photographs (including but not limited to unintentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence). LP will not be held responsible for circumstances beyond human control for lost images.
8. Specific Shots. Lexilu Photos works within the Timeline created based on a schedule we work out with our clients prior to their event. Timelines are used as guides to help us maximize our coverage and time together. Please be sure to fill out OUR WEDDING DAY QUESTIONNAIRE so that we can create your Timeline.
Due to the unpredictable nature and rapid pace of wedding photography, LP does not guarantee the delivery of any requested or expected photograph. LP will not be liable for loss of or interference with the photography due to restrictions on the location, including but not limited to, interference from surrounding devices, access limitations, flash restrictions, outdoor ceremonies scheduled in full sun, or in severe weather, or intrusion of guests with cameras or video recorders. LP is not responsible for missed sessions on the day of the event due to late arrival of any individual. LP will provide the Client with a suggested time line for wedding day photography. Failure to abide by the time line may result in lack of certain images being taken. For example, if the brides hair and make-up appointment runs late, and runs into the time scheduled before the ceremony to take her bridal portraits, LP will try to take a few during formal sessions following the ceremony, but bride understands that the amount of images will be lower than expected due to missed opportunity to photograph her at the scheduled time. All pre–ceremony, getting ready photography stops 30 minutes prior to ceremony start time to prepare cameras for ceremony coverage. LP will abide by the rules of the Church/Kingdom Hall/Synagogue in regards to camera placement and restrictions at the ceremony. However it is the responsibility of the Client to communicate with the officiant of the ceremony and provide LP with guidelines, including contact information of elder, pastor, rabbi, priest, civil servant, magistrate, no later than 30 days prior to the event.
9. Photographer. LP will use best efforts to substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of any Lead Photographer’s illness or an emergency. In the event of such substitution, LP warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent, exceptional, professional. The Client has the right to refuse the recommended professional and, instead, accept a refund for any services & products not delivered, less deposit and paid expenses.
It is asked that three plates are provided for LP if event duration is longer than 4 hours. If no meal is provided, it is understood that LP and assistant will leave the event for one hour to purchase a meal. LP is not responsible for any photos that may be missed while obtaining a meal. We also ask for a designated place to rest our equipment that will not interfere with tables reserved for your guests.
10. Photographer’s Fees. The charges in this Agreement are based on LP’s standard fees (on Page 1). These fees are adjusted periodically and future orders for services or items not agreed to in this contract shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. LP does guarantee the print credits will be sufficient to purchase prints, even should the prints prices increase post the signing of this contract.
11. GARMENTS: Lexilu cannot be held responsible for damage to GARMENTS during environmental events. Client is responsible to arrange personal assistance for wedding garments. Lexilu Photos will provide a Bride's assistance for assisting the bride with her dress and accessories during the bridal session. Bride's assistant will help set the dress for all shots and help protect it from damage.
12. PROOFING & EDITING: It is understood that the Client is hiring LP for their technical and artistic expertise and, therefore, LP reserves the right to shoot, edit and proof at their discretion. Images provided to the client should not be edited in any manner when posting online, ie: Instagram Filters, or cropping out logos for profile photos. If you have any questions about our policies please ask! We love to see your favorite images online and are happy to help create Facebook timeline covers just for our clients.
LP does not guarantee that everyone involved in the event will be photographed or will be included in the final images. LP's focus is the bride and groom and the events surrounding them throughout the wedding day. LP has the right to make the final decisions on images selected for publications.
Images will be available on client s online personal gallery no later than 12 weeks, or by January 5, 2019 (but usually much sooner) after the photo session (engagement/bridal/wedding day). I will give you a basic timeline as soon as your images are downloaded to my computer and they have been reviewed. Please allow Lexilu Photos to contact you when they are available, and respect this schedule that we are editing in order of events shot. Please refrain from posting messages to my Facebook wall; ie Are my images done yet? Hey, when will the pix be done? (thank you in advance for this).
LP will provide proofing and ordering for the Bride and Groom, via an online gallery which can be protected with an access code upon request. Client's can share the gallery with friends and family at their discretion. LP personally prepares and orders each print request. Image proofs are edited cleanly, or with consideration given to proper exposure, crop, etc. All artistic or portrait retouching done by LP will be made on select images for online galleries, usually bride portraits and bride and groom formals, and on prints ordered by Client through LP.
LP does not retouch each and every photo with regard to skin softening, blemish removal, wrinkle removal, removing objects, cloning or replacement of heads in group shots unless requested by the Client for a specific photo. Each additional request, beyond what was provided the client, will result in a $25 per image edit. Images can be edited for print or re-upload into gallery. LP has the right to make the final decisions on images selected for publications. LP is not responsible for manufacturer or shipping delays. All unused print credits and sessions will expire six months after wedding date. Not all clients have print credits.
13. Miscellany. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default here-under shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. The laws of the State of Michigan shall govern this Agreement. If any modifications need to be made with any of the products received, all requests must be made within 30 days of receiving the items. Note: Upon signing of our contract, you imply that you have received, have read and do accept the above stated company policies with regards to Deposit, Payment Requirements, Postponements, and Cancellations/Refunds.
After you have read the contract thoroughly, please fill in the information below and, when finished, SUBMIT it. You should receive a notice that it has been sent.
You may fill the information in for both and then SUBMIT it just one time.
Thank you in advance for reviewing this important information and for your trust in us as your wedding day photographers. We are honored that you have chosen us and look forward to providing you with amazing, beautiful images of your wedding day.
We agree to the terms stated above:
This signature indicates that I agree to the terms as outlined above. Lead Photographer Lexilu Photos